Import/Export Airfreight Operator
Are you an organised individual who is confident in maintaining data quality?
Can you support the negotiation of overseas rate agreements and resolve partner queries with enthusiasm?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We're looking for an expert in customer experience, who will be responsible for handling the day to day import and export airfreight operations for one of our largest clients.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Handling clients’ enquiries, providing quotations and processing bookings
- Transmitting customs entries and ensuring compliance with customs regulations
- Liaising with overseas partners, airlines, transports to arrange quick dispatch of cargo
- Planning and arranging collection and deliveries as per client requirements
- Ensuring all customers are served in line with their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Monitoring the progression of transports and advising the client at agreed milestones
- Building excellent relationships with customers
- Negotiating with suppliers in order to maximise profit margin whilst adding value to the client
Experience & qualities required:
- Previous experience in logistics/shipping is essential
- Good knowledge of customs procedures with practical experience in classifying goods using the Customs Tariff is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver high level of customer care
- Ability to prioritise and organise work to achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London with the opportunity for flexibility with our hybrid working model.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
- Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Award-winning learning and development program
- Generous pension scheme
- Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
- Staff loyalty schemes
- Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
- Mental wellbeing checkups
- Mentoring scheme
- Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
- An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home policies
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.