Key duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for handling import and export customs declarations whilst ensuring that goods are imported into or exported out of the UK in strict compliance with HMRC Customs regulations.
- Responsible for the submission of accurate export and import customs entries in a timely manner, in line with HMRC Customs regulations and company AEO procedures
- Completing appropriate due diligence checks and following escalation processes where needed
- Coordinating customs entry submission in other countries where required, by liaising with foreign partners and ensuring the declarations are submitted in a timely manner
- Producing and/or collecting essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers
- Assisting in issuing supporting shipping paperwork (Health Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary Certificates, Delivery Notes, etc.) where required by customers
- Registering the consignments and/or documents onto various HMRC portals (IPAFFS, TRACES, GVMS, etc.)
- Ensuring compliance with UK customs regulations, AEO requirements and company’s procedures are met.
- Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction by delivering best-in-class customer care, maintaining regular communication by phone and email, effectively resolving queries, issues, and delays
- Maintaining Data Quality on our Supply Chain Visibility platform (Pathway) to guarantee accurate information is presented to customers
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
Experience & Qualities Required:
- At least 2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Previous experience in the shipping / logistics / customs sector is beneficial
- Exceptional attention to detail with elevated levels of accuracy
- Brilliant communication skills with the ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
- Willingness and ability to adapt quickly and learn new skills
What is on Offer:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Hybrid working, allowing you to have a good work/life balance.
- Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities.
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged.
- Work within an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a sharp vision and strategy.
- Staff Loyalty schemes:
- Health Care Plan
- Enhanced holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly yoga
- Going the extra mile award
- Gym Discounts
- Experience days discounts
- Loyalty rewards
If this sounds like the next step in developing your logistics career, then lose no time and apply online today.