Customs Compliance Specialist
Are you a customs entries buff who can provide expert guidance to teams and clients in order to provide high quality customs solutions?
Are you looking for a new challenge working to set up efficient customs processes and new regimes?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We are looking for a Customs Compliance Specialist who will assist with the management of customs compliance across the company, ensuring all processes are adhered to in order to deliver best-in-class customs solution.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out internal audits to ensure completed customs entries are compliant with UK customs regulations, AEO requirements and company’s procedures
- Provide expert guidance to the teams and clients in order to provide high quality customs solutions
- Ensure that our clients are fully compliant, while making certain that their export/imports are managed with maximum efficiency.
- Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so
- Support with the completion of voluntary amendments submitted to HMRC
- Ensure all customer have signed Direct Representation Authority
- Ensuring overall AEO compliance companywide
- Provide training for operational staff to ensure compliance with customs regulations
- Support the team in carrying out Customs Compliance Health Checks to help our clients to enhance their customs activities, optimise duties, identify potential risk areas
- Support with setting up efficient customs processes and new customs regimes
- Support with delivering training to clients on consulting projects and onboarding of new clients
- Assist with completion of new customs accreditation applications, when required
- Keep yourself updated and informed of any legislation changes to ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes
- Assist in the implementation and control of new legislation, which will be issued from HMRC.
Experience & qualities required:
- Previous experience in completing import customs entries for a freight forwarding company is essential
- In depth knowledge of International, EU and UK customs processes and regimes as well as determining the correct Customs Classifications, Origin and Valuation.
- Good knowledge of sanitary goods’ requirements (e.g. products of animal origin) will be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London with the opportunity for flexibility with our hybrid working model.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
- Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Award-winning learning and development program
- Generous pension scheme
- Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
- Staff loyalty schemes
- Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
- Mental wellbeing checkups
- Mentoring scheme
- Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
- An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home policies
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.