Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to work for an Award-Winning Logistics Company offering genuine opportunities for progression? Our continuous business expansion has opened a position for a Customs Coordinator to join our Customs Solution Team. You will be responsible for handling import and export customs declarations whilst ensuring that goods are imported into or exported out of the UK in strict compliance with HMRC Customs Regulations.
Unsworth are an internationally recognised, multiaward-winning Logistics Company. We combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to our clients.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the submission of accurate export and import customs entries in a timely manner, in line with HMRC Customs regulations and company AEO procedures
- Completing appropriate due diligence checks and following escalation processes where needed
- Coordinating customs entry submission in other countries where required, by liaising with foreign partners and ensuring the declarations are submitted in a timely manner and within agreed upon KPI’s
- Producing and/or collecting essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers
- Assisting in issuing supporting shipping paperwork (Health Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary Certificates, Delivery Notes, etc.) where required by customers
- Registering the consignments and/or documents onto various HMRC portals (IPAFFS, TRACES, GVMS, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensuring compliance with UK customs regulations, AEO requirements and company’s procedures
- Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction by delivering best-in-class customer care, maintaining regular communication by phone and email, effectively resolving queries, issues and delays and continuously proposing solutions to improve clients’ experience
- Maintaining Data Quality on our Supply Chain Visibility platform to guarantee accurate information is presented to customers
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
Experience & Qualities Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in completing import customs entries in a freight forwarding environment is essential
- Experience in Cargowise would be an advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of import and export customs procedures, tariff code, classification, commodity codes
- Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to delivery excellent customer service
- Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices
- Work for the industry’s Employer of the Year!
- Competitive remuneration package
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities
- Staff Loyalty schemes, Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, cycle to work, weekly yoga, mentoring scheme
- You’ll work with an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Flexibility to work from home with a hybrid working policy
- Able to provide occasional weekend cover
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.