Sea Freight Import Coordinator
Are you an expert in client management with knowledge on import customs procedures?
Can you develop customer relationships by adding value and maximising business opportunities?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We're looking for a quick to learn, adaptable person to be responsible for handling the import operations and customs clearance requirements of our clients, while providing best-in-class customer care.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Managing clients’ import ocean freight operations from origin to destination for FCL and LCL
- Liaising with customers, overseas partners, and suppliers to arrange quick dispatch of cargo
- Effectively using the CargoWise system to create and manage shipments within agreed upon KPI’s and maintain accurate data relating to clients and shipments
- Ensuring all documents and customs clearance information is received and updated in a timely manner
- Submitting of accurate import customs entries in line with the company AEO procedures
- Proactively planning and arranging deliveries as per client requirements
- Problem solving and escalating any issues with arrival of goods which may lead to issues with customer deliveries.
- Ensuring clients are served in line with their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Dealing with invoicing/job costing to customers in a timely and accurate manner
- Developing relationship with customers in order to add value to the clients and maximise business opportunities
Experience & qualities required:
- 2 years + ocean freight experience within the shipping/freight forwarding sector is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communications with the ability to deliver best in class customer service
- Quick learner with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines, maintain focus
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to successfully manage and find solutions for complex and unexpected situations
- Knowledge of customs procedures and customs tariff would be an advantage
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London, with a hybrid working model including flexibility to work from home.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
- Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Award-winning learning and development program
- Generous pension scheme
- Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
- Staff loyalty schemes
- Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
- Mental wellbeing checkups
- Mentoring scheme
- Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
- An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.