If you're ready to advance your career in the sales field and aspire to be a part of a multi-award-winning logistics company, seize this opportunity. We are actively seeking a Junior Business Development Manager to join our team and play a crucial role in our company's growth and expansion. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals who are passionate about business development and eager to learn and grow within a dynamic environment.
Unsworth are an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company. We combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to our clients. We seek to utilise the latest technology to provide a superior customer experience.
- Your goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial engagement with new prospects by selling our innovative and successful European Customs Solutions product, which will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop your own pipeline of new business by actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold prospecting, client events, webinars, prospecting.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation, proposal through to contract negotiation and deal closure
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world and European Customs regulations
Grow and retain your own portfolio of new commercial clients
- Responsible for sourcing new leads and identifying new clients in order to build a robust sales pipeline and ensure a constant stream of new prospects.
- Demonstrate in-depth products/services to effectively sell to clients, while also identifying revenue-boosting opportunities by recognising key value drivers.
- Pricing enquiries and following up quotes as per company KPI’s
- Effectively follow up incoming sales leads with the objective of securing the business
- Qualify prospects and book meetings with existing and prospective clients
- Maintain a consultative selling approach to understand and surpass customer needs while nurturing strong client relationships
- Prepare and deliver compelling new business pitches in order to close deals
- Sustain the revenue and gross profit of each account, ensuring profitability, and actively explore all additional revenue stream opportunities
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by your customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
Support with the organisation of webinars aimed at engaging potential prospects
- Prepare engaging presentation slide decks
- Promote the webinars
- Follow up with clients by arranging introductory calls
Support with seamless onboarding of new clients which includes
- Prepare new client onboarding SOP and coordinate the review and approval process
- Coordinate kick-off onboarding meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure smooth transitions of new clients to the operations team
- Assist with issue resolution during the initial trial phases with new clients
CRM and Reporting
- Keep accurate records of sales activities and customer interactions in our CRM system
- Efficiently update the CRM system to track, monitor, report, and strategically plan for exciting new business opportunities.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for management team
- Reconnect with prospects and former clients who had previously disengaged or were lost
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to generate and nurture a pipeline of qualified sales leads
- Represent the company externally in networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and maximize all business development opportunities.
- Compile prospect lists from exhibition participants and identify the most suitable contacts through LinkedIn research
- Establish connections with relevant federations to cultivate partnerships, which may involve gaining access to their member lists and collaborating on activities such as webinars and tours
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in internal sales role within the freight forwarding company is essential
- Commercially minded with ability to secure new business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and able to work independently
- Results-driven with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM software
What is on offer:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Remote working with regular visit to the London Head Office
- Award Winning staff development program offering ongoing professional development
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged.
- Work within an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a sharp vision and strategy.
Staff Loyalty schemes:
- Health Care Plan
- Enhanced holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Going the extra mile award
- Gym Discounts
- Experience days discounts
- Loyalty rewards
If you are an ambitious sales professional looking for a rewarding and challenging opportunity, we want to hear from you.