Senior Customs Coordinator
Are you familiar with IPAFFS, TRACES and GVMS?
Can you produce and collect essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers with ease?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
Our continuous business expansion has opened up a position for a Senior Customs Coordinator to join our Customs Solution Team. We're looking for someone who will be responsible for handling import and export customs declarations whilst ensuring that goods are imported into or exported out of the UK in strict compliance with HMRC Customs Regulations.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the submission of accurate export and import customs entries in a timely manner, in line with HMRC Customs regulations and company AEO procedures
- Completing appropriate due diligence checks and following escalation processes where needed
- Coordinating customs entry submission in other countries where required, by liaising with foreign partners and ensuring the declarations are submitted in a timely manner and within agreed upon KPI’s
- Producing and/or collecting essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers
- Assisting in issuing supporting shipping paperwork (Health Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary Certificates, Delivery Notes, etc.) where required by customers
- Registering the consignments and/or documents onto various HMRC portals (IPAFFS, TRACES, GVMS, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensuring compliance with UK customs regulations, AEO requirements and company’s procedures
- Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction by delivering best-in-class customer care, maintaining regular communication by phone and email, effectively resolving queries, issues and delays and continuously proposing solutions to improve clients’ experience
- Maintaining Data Quality on our Supply Chain Visibility platform to guarantee accurate information is presented to customers
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
Experience & qualities required:
- Two or more years of experience in handling import customs entries a in freight forwarding environment is essential
- Experience in Cargowise would be an advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of import and export customs procedures, tariff code, classification, commodity codes
- Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to delivery excellent customer service
- Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London with the opportunity for flexibility with our hybrid working model.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
- Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Award-winning learning and development program
- Generous pension scheme
- Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
- Staff loyalty schemes
- Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
- Mental wellbeing checkups
- Mentoring scheme
- Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
- An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home policies
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.