Are you an analytical master with experience in the supply chain industry?
Can you be a lead role in various technology projects across the business?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We're looking for a quick to learn, adaptable personal with exceptional problem-solving skills. You'll be supporting various departments in improving processes, products, services and software in line with our technology roadmap.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Supporting various departments in improving processes, products, services and software in line with our technology roadmap.
· Playing a key part in the roll out of Pathway across the business and improving engagement of both internally and externally with customers.
· Supporting various technology projects across the business
· Playing a key part in the ongoing implementation & development of our ongoing systems and automation portal for imports/exports.
· Documenting and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of current Operational processes and responsibility over managing and updating SOP documentation.
· Reviewing and evaluating business cases or requests for change - producing reports that establish justification for future project work.
· Translating existing and emerging client needs into the development of the supply chain management products.
· Reviewing and evaluating Operational processes to increase shipment productivity, improve data quality and complement customer centric solutions such as Pathway.
· Documenting new business processes using, identify gaps and opportunities for change and improvements.
· Facilitating workshops, interviews and meetings with business stakeholders to capture and document desired changes to business process.
· Supporting the Supply Chain Manager with sales opportunities from initial engagement to Implementation within the business.
· Working closely with Operational teams to identify and gather business requirements, turning them into functional specifications. You will also help with the creation of project plans, work with the Technology Team to ensure best user experiences and use data analytics to gain insights and recommend feature improvements across the range of solutions.
Experience & qualities required:
· Several years of experience within a shipping, forwarding or a logistics environment.
· Detailed understanding of UK inbound/outbound retail processes, origin management and Purchase Order Management.
· Experience within handling a variety of complex and commercial challenges.
· Confident in dealing with stakeholders internally and externally at all levels with an ability to build relationships.
· Quick to learn, adapt, self-starter and exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Experience within Project Management.
· Excellent Interpersonal skills.
· Keen eye for detail & Data analysis.
· Strong PC Literacy including Word & Excel.
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London when it reopens, but we are currently working remotely and happy to discuss more flexible hours or working from home days.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
• 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
• Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
• Competitive remuneration package
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Award-winning learning and development program
• Generous pension scheme
• Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
• Staff loyalty schemes
• Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
• Mental wellbeing checkups
• Mentoring scheme
• Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
• An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
• Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
• Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.