Are you a motivated and determined individual ready to excel your career?
Do you have the willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We're looking for a hardworking Import Coordinator to join the team. You'll bring strong organisational skills, data management knowledge and the ability to learn quickly.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Coordinating loading of groupage containers at origin by proactively liaising with our overseas partners in China, Taiwan, USA etc.
· Processing essential shipping documentation to ensure seamless movement through the UK’s largest seaports at Felixstowe, Southampton and London Gateway.
· Liaising with all key operational parties in order to coordinate the preparation of arrival notices, container releases and devans.
· Ensuring accurate billing in accordance with agreed client rates
· Supporting with negotiation of overseas rate agreements
· Resolving customers and overseas partners queries
· Servicing customers enquiries, processing client bookings whilst providing excellent customer service
· Maintaining data quality on our supply chain visibility platform
Experience & qualities required:
· Previous experience in the shipping / logistics sector is beneficial
· Analytical and numerate with high level of speed and accuracy
· Excellent communication skills
· Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
· Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices
· Additional European language (particularly French, German, Polish or Spanish) is beneficial
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London when it reopens, but we are currently working remotely and happy to discuss more flexible hours or working from home days.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
• 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
• Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
• Competitive remuneration package
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Award-winning learning and development program
• Generous pension scheme
• Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
• Staff loyalty schemes
• Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
• Mental wellbeing checkups
• Mentoring scheme
• Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
• An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
• Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
• Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.