Are you a motivated and determined graduate ready to kickstart your career?
Do you have the willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We're looking for a hardworking Graduate Logistics Trainee to join our Commercial team. You'll bring strong organisational skills, data management knowledge and the ability to learn quickly.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Working alongside our Commercial team, you will initially learn all aspects of international logistics and client relationships. Your involvement in client work will be supported by a structured training programme and on-the-job coaching with the opportunity to grow into a consultative role, where you will become responsible for key account engagement.
· Following up on warm opportunities where someone has expressed a desire to engage.
· Converting inbound enquiries into sales opportunities for strategic development.
· Consultative selling / Providing value added services to clients.
· Preparing client proposal and attending client meetings.
· Negotiating and liaising at a managerial level.
· KPI’s - warm lead to sales conversion & personal new business target
Experience & qualities required:
· Educated to degree level, preferably in Logistics with a 2:1
· Articulate with excellent communication and written skills
· Impressive analytical skills and excellent business acumen
· Strong work-ethic with willingness to learn
· Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices
· Previous experience in the shipping / logistics sector is not required, as we will be providing mentoring and coaching on the job.
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London when it reopens, but we are currently working remotely and happy to discuss more flexible hours or working from home days.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
• 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
• Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
• Competitive remuneration package
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Award-winning learning and development program
• Generous pension scheme
• Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
• Staff loyalty schemes
• Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
• Mental wellbeing checkups
• Mentoring scheme
• Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
• An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
• Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
• Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.