About the Role:
Are you looking for a new challenge working for an Award-Winning Logistics company offering genuine opportunities for career progression? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sea Freight Import Operator to join our import team. You will be responsible for handling the import sea freight shipments from origin to destination whilst delivering first in class customer care.
Unsworth are an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company. We combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to our clients.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Controlling clients’ import seafreight shipments from origin to destination (FCL’s and LCL’s)
- Liaising with clients, overseas partners, and suppliers to arrange quick dispatch of cargo
- Effectively using the CargoWise system to create and manage shipments within agreed upon KPI’s
- Maintaining data quality in CargoWise with a focus on providing clients with accurate date within our innovative visibility platform
- Ensuring all documents and customs clearance information are received and updated in a timely manner
- Arranging import customs clearance in line with the company AEO procedures
- Proactively planning and arranging deliveries as per client requirements
- Problem solving and escalating any issues with arrival of goods which may lead to issues with customer deliveries.
- Ensuring clients are served in line with their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Dealing with client invoicing/job in a timely and accurate manner
- Building relationship with customers in order to add value to the clients and maximise business opportunities
Experience & Qualities Required:
- 2 years previous import sea freight experience within a freight forwarding company is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communications with the ability to deliver best in class customer service.
- Quick learner with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines and maintain focus
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully manage and find solutions for complex and unexpected situations
- Knowledge of customs procedures and customs tariff would be an advantage
What’s on Offer:
- Work for the industry’s Employer of the Year!
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged.
- Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities.
- Staff Loyalty schemes (Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Weekly yoga, Mentoring scheme, Going the extra miles award, Gym Discounts, Experience days discounts etc)
- You’ll work with an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy.
- Hybrid working model with flexibility to work from home
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.