Supply Chain Coordinator
Are you a problem solver who is confident in monitoring supply chain performance?
Can you proactively plan loading of purchase orders whilst building strong client relationships?
Unsworth is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to our clients.
We're looking for a critical thinker who is ready to coordinate the Purchase Order Management and Vendor Management for large Supply Chain clients, with the ability to conduct detailed procedures to a high level of accuracy.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Managing the Supply Chain process from sale to point of delivery.
- Responsible for PO Management on behalf of the client by effectively liaising with vendors and confirming PO bookings on our POM system.
- Proactively plan loading of purchase orders and release loading instructions to CFS and vendors.
- Responsible for managing space reservation and availability towards appointed carriers.
- Act as a prime point of contact with the client, working closely with Origin Partners, Operations Teams and any Third Parties to deliver a seamless logistics experience to the client.
- Maintain proactive communication with the Overseas Control Towers, CFS’s and proactively monitor cargo.
- Monitor Data and Milestones within our Supply Chain Visibility Platform to constantly maintain Data Quality and ensure zero exceptions.
- Problem solving and escalating any issues with arrival of goods which may lead to issues with customer delivery and cargo planning
- Ensure that the latest Client SOP is fully implemented and all parties in the supply chain comply.
- Ensure origin and Destination CFS’s comply with the client Global Warehouse Practice.
- Ensure all applicable freight and charges are collected from relevant parties (suppliers, clients, overseas control tower.
- Monitor supply chain performance from origin countries with pro-active notification and effective exception management reporting.
- Assist with the production of accurate management reporting measuring vendors and customer performance.
- Build strong relationship with client and ensure concerns/issues are dealt with effectively, efficiently and immediately.
Experience & qualities required:
- Previous working experience in Supply Chain or PO Management is essential.
- Will be working in very fast paced environment so you must be experienced in dealing with pressure and be highly organised with an ability to multi-task and manage own time.
- Quick learner with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines, maintain focus.
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures with high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications with the ability to deliver best in class customer service.
- Critical thinker with strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven IT skills (including MS office), system minded with the ability to hand electronic data.
- Positive attitude with flexible approach to working practices and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- Ensure customer requirements and quality of service are met through excellent communication and management of Key Performance Indicators
- Problem solving and escalating any issues with arrival of goods which may lead to issues with customer deliveries.
This is a permanent role. It will be based at our Leytonstone office in London with the opportunity for flexibility with our hybrid working model.
What you can expect from us:
Work for the industry's Employer of the Year! Our employees are the heart of our business and we have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, including:
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
- Accrue annual leave days for each year completed with us
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Award-winning learning and development program
- Generous pension scheme
- Weekly yoga sessions (virtual sessions through lockdown)
- Staff loyalty schemes
- Access to Simply Health - providing optical and dental care
- Mental wellbeing checkups
- Mentoring scheme
- Fun and collaborative events hosted by our social committee
- An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home policies
If this sounds like the next step in developing your career then lose no time and apply online today.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.