5 ways a Control Tower will help your customs clearance after Brexit
Managing your customs clearance through a digitalised system will strengthen your supply chain in ways you didn’t know. It’s more than just simply uploading documents to an online portal. A customs clearance control tower that integrates into your supply chain provides you with a comprehensive overview of your customs requirements, better visibility, and control, plus, it opens new opportunities to develop and expand your customs management.
What is a customs clearance control tower?
A customs clearance control tower, Pathway, acts as a centralised hub between your business and key stakeholders throughout your supply chain. The cloud-based platform is designed to create a complete solution to all your customs clearance and compliance requirements. By bringing all data into one intuitive space, you can gain a full overview of all involved customs activities and action points across your supply chain. You will be given the ability to monitor activity in real time, collate data and be far more reactive to any industry changes. Managing customs clearance after Brexit has become a challenge that many businesses are still trying to keep up with, but we have managed to develop Pathway to help enhance our clients supply chains and turn fragments of information into a simple, dynamic process.
How does a digital control tower add value?
- Strengthen your customs compliance strategy. With easy access to information and a clear overview, your customs clearance control tower helps you set well-defined KPI's, whilst increasing potential for new opportunities to reduce costs, optimise fees, and reduce the risk of supply chain disruptions.
- Improve your ability to react to changes in the industry. Ensure you remain agile in a fragile market. Since Pathway allows you to monitor activity in real-time, you lower the risk of disturbance in your supply chain. Detect problems in advance and manage issues before they arise.
- Smoother processes. Positioning yourself to adapt to industry changes with ease has never been more important than in today’s climate. Access all relevant information and key documentation available at the click of a button. Utilise the automated processes and keep on top of any errors or rejected documentation online, helping increase and better the efficiency of your customs clearance processes.
- Better control over your costs. Through stronger strategies and smoother processes, you will have the ability to lower operational costs by working smarter. Gain a better understanding of customs handling costs, duties paid, delivery terms and other customs procedures. By improving your processes, you position yourself in a place that allows you to detect and prevent the risk of costly delays.
- Make more data-driven decisions. Pathway’s dashboard provides you detailed information about your shipments and customs compliance. This provides a further level of intelligence that allows you to make more strategic decisions than you did in the past. By taking out the guesswork, you will have improved processes, optimised your movements and overall, created a far more reliable supply chain.
Pathway integrates effortlessly into your supply chain to provide your business with extra insight into your performance. Manage and reduce your operational costs through optimising processes, whilst improving risk management and creating a superior process for customs clearance after Brexit. Our customs clearance control tower is free to use for all our Unsworth clients. Book in a free demo today, to understand how Pathway can specifically benefit your business. Our customs clearance specialists will build out a tailored plan to help you enhance your businesses customs compliance strategy.